Birtley Supergalv Lintels
- The only range of steel lintels, fully hot-dip galvanized AFTER manufacture
- Best corrosion protection on the market
- Manufactured to BS845-2:2003
- Extensive range to suit every requirement
- No exposed edges or welds.
All Supergalv steel lintels are protected by hot-dip galvanizing the complete lintel after fabrication. This process out performs all other protection systems by:
- Fully protecting every surface, cut edge and weld with a metallurgically bonded zinc coating, where other systems actually remove the zinc during fabrication and do not provide full protection to all surfaces
- Creating a build-up of zinc coating at the most vulnerable points (edges etc.) which are most susceptible to damage on site and are the least protected in other systems
- Depositing a minimum zinc coating thickness of 65um in a metallurgical bond over the base steel
- Optional 'Ultragav 2000' (U2k) corrosion protection system. This achieves a coating thickness of 150um by shotblasting the steel prior to galvanizing. This is up to 7 times more Zinc corrosion protection than other lintels, and the life of a Zinc coating is directly proportional to its thickness
When the building design demands something out of the ordinary, Supergalv steel lintels can be custom designed and manufactured to suit a wide variety of opening shapes, dimensions and loadings. Purpose-made lintels are designed and manufactured in close liaison with the specifier and contractor, ensuring that all requirements are satisfied and that installation is straightforward.
Below is the Birtley Lintels Brochure along with the March 2011 price list.
Please give us a call for a competitive lintel quotation. Please note that we can offer a substantial discount off the price list below.